Why Cats Need 9 Lives....

Monday, July 23, 2007

My Life 101: A Gameplan and Progress

I've been working on my gameplan list and I've actually done some of them. And, they have worked! Life has been healthy since last I blogged. I cannot complain, really. In fact, every new day makes me more renewed with determination to regain my life. I feel like I have put some miles between me and the last time I freely indulged my addiction, which was June 29th.

Now, my mission statement identifies these specific problems I want / need to work on and deal with:
1. buying too many supplies
2. spending too much time reading and posting to boards and blogs
3. gaining too much weight
4. not interacting with family and life

One of the first things I decided to do was to go through my emails I get and begin to unsubscribe to all but the least tempting and most important ones. I get a TON of emails in the form of store ads, newsletter, sales alerts, etc. It's not uncommon to have gotten 80-90 emails a day. I've been working hard on unsubbing. At first it was really a chore, but as most of the emails have stopped, things are getting slowly better on that front.

I also began a strict low carb diet two weeks ago last Sunday, and am now in the second phase of it where I work on controlling carb intake while still losing weight..finding that magic amount. I think I won't go into details about that here, because I am seriously considering starting another blog to document that journey. I'll just say that I'm having success so far.

I've also been doing a few things (in addition to my medical/therapy visits) that have gotten me out of the house. Just a few though. It's basically been going places with DD that she wants to go with me to. She's having a garage sale Saturday, so we've not been doing much else this week except for weeding out stuff to sell.

I also have been paying attention to daily little personal hygiene things that add up to being important to my life and health, like making sure I get 8 hours of sleep every day, that I drink my Metamucil and eat a yogurt and drink my 4 bottled waters every day, that I get a shower and dress decently, that I alcohol my feet and shins once or twice a day (the reoccurring cellulitis has me uber-cautious). And that I blog on one of my blogs, if not daily, then every few days, because it really does help to get it all out.

That's where I'm at on that then. These things will probably be on my homework list.

No comments: