Why Cats Need 9 Lives....

Sunday, September 2, 2007

Big THANKS to MARIA BELL

For those of you who read this blog for any kind of motivation or inspiration, then surely you've found Maria's Journey to Skinnyville blog. There's a link to it on my sidebar.

I've been keeping my weight and exercise data in my little datebook fairly consistantly since 4-21-2006, and today I made a very crude graph of my weight for the last 16 months. You remember graphs in high school math, right? X znd Y axis? I made the x axis be weight in pounds and the y axis be time in months. Then I plotted the weight readings I'd taken when I took them.

What I discovered was a hideous amount of roller-coaster rides where I lost, then gained back, then lost, then gained back. Down, Up, down, up, down. Wow, nothing like a graph to make the point! But what I also saw was that since I've been inspired and motivated by reading Maria's blog, my roller coaster has vanished!

Coincidence? LOL, I don't think so. I know it's helped me, even when Maria was on what I call her Superwoman program of diet and exercise. I couldn't even hope to do what she was doing, yet she has inspired me to keep going with my own plan. In little but important ways, she's made it impossible for me to neglect my plan, and I realize now from doing the graph that neglect is what caused the roller-coastering. Forget, neglect ... and the pounds slowly start packing back on. Neglect is the enemy of Downward Trajectory (when it comes to weight loss, that is). Damn, don't we all wish that weight loss was subject to the Laws of Gravity, hehe.

So, anyways, I want to publicly thank you, Maria, for being my Motivation Angel: for reading and sharing, for assessing and adapting, for recording it all on your new blog. Were I able to grant you a wish, it would be for you to wake up tomorrow morning and discover yourself 30 pounds lighter!

1 comment:

Maria said...

Wow thank you Aimeslee. I'm really touched by your post. Actually, you motivate me as well. When I read your blog, I admire your honesty and that lead me to be more honest with myself as well. You write about your struggles, as well as your accomplishments, and I sometimes feel that they would be something I would write myself but you do it a lot more eloquently than I do. It makes it easier to know that there's someone else that I can relate to.

Thank you for your kind words. Reading your post put a smile on my face.

Hope you are having a wonderful Labor Day!

Your friend,
Maria