Why Cats Need 9 Lives....

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

You Want Apple Fries With That?



<----- This, I LIKE. Coming to a Burger King near you and me soon, read the scoop here. I like it because, first of all, it's from BK and my BK is right across the street from my subdivision, and it serves hot, fresh food. I would enjoy eating apple slices with a whopper or value menu burger. Cuz, I mean, c'mon, ya gotta eating something else with the burger cuz we're used to the fries. Am I right? Anyway, might as well be some fruit that at least looks like fries. I know, I know, it's geared toward the kiddos. I'm just sayin' it works for me too.

"BK stands for Big Kids, doesn't it?" ~~ Aimeslee


Drama, Drama, Drama

I just had to make that little BK joke cuz I have been having some Bad Karma lately. Left and right. It started last week and I thought it would lighten up, so I didn't mention it here. But it's been over a week now and it's the gift that keeps on giving, just one thing after another. Weird crap, too.

It all started when Hubs went grocery-ing and came back with a gallon of Bluebell Rocky Road in the sack. Uh-oh. Right? Oh-no is what it shoulda been, but did I say that? Hehe, I said yes. And yes again. And again. And at the same time I had a bit of constipation going on, so no poop for like 3 days. And then in the midst of all that I did a no-no and weighed. Before I'd pooped, which is not how it's done around here.

So, of course, I weighed 5 pounds heavier. 5 pounds. WTH? So then I was like omg, I just wiped out like a month's work. And that was only the stuff affecting my diet. There's more.

Missy broke up with Diego. I knew it was coming, from the way she has been talking for the last month before she even left for school. She basically said she wanted to, but was afraid to hurt him. Well, since school began, she's met new guys, and they've pursued her. So, anyway, she has another boyfriend now, it took like one day. His name is Jonathan. He's a psychology major and is going for his PhD. He lives in an apartment off campus with his younger brother. And, he has a car and a job and money, 3 things Diego doesn't have. Now, I hate to sound so uninterested about it all, but it's her love life, her life, so I'm just trying to be supportive and available to her as she ferrots out Life 101. But I did like Diego very much. I'm kind of relieved though, that they broke up, cuz he really was not very ambitious. He's the youngest of 4 and his parents spoil him even more than we spoil our only child. Like Missy herself said, at least she knows the value of money and has a work ethic, and she is thankful we taught that to her. Yup, sometimes being a parent is worth all of the crap when you hear your kid say that out of the blue and really mean it....

So, anyway, back to my BadKarmaFest story...Missy called from schoollast Thursday night, frantic out the bazooka. They had a mouse in their dorm room living room, behind the microwave. I concentrated on calming her down, doing my mom stuff. Although I'm also mentally picturing myself in her situation, and I'm not able to stay there, okay? My girl might be frantic, but she's tough. They went to Wal-mart, got some glue traps, set them, and then both managed to get some sleep there that night.

The next night they caught the mouse. Called their floor advisor and she called the janitors, who showed up at the door saying they couldn't come in the room; the girls have to hand it to them. What????? Well, they did, but still, what's up with that?

Anyway, she calls again a couple nights later, and there are 2 more now. And not even really worried that there were like 3 people in the suite and lights on, etc. Anj saw them and Missy put some peanut butter on the floor and the damn critters came right up to the food and started chomping!

So, the girls cannot stay there now, they are so creeped out. And their floor advisor does not answer her phone, so Anj walks over to the next dorm to grab a floor advisor from there and forces him to come over to help them. He says he will call the exterminator for them the next day and if they cannot stay there he can try to get them a "stipend", whatever in the heck that means. But that's all.

I'm sitting here, 70 miles away, wanting to be Mama Bear and make it all right, but even I can't figure out what to do. My first urge was to go get them an apartment and get them out of there! But, hello, we have $2K "invested" in that dorm room for the semester. Then, I'm really wanting to fire off an email to the college prez telling him about it, and if he doesn't want it spread across America, he needs to get it fixed asap so my daughter can concentrate on her studies and feel safe and clean and disease-free. I mentioned the email idea to Missy and she's like Mom, let them try to fix it. I'll let ya know if I need you to do that down the road. So, I'm just trying to take my mind off it.

Seriously, though, is that not just the grossest thing to have to deal with? Man, I hate that school (and she's only going there cuz Diego is there, too, so get a load of that irony...)

Anyway, so then, I had to do a circle journal page spread and finish it in time to mail it off today. You guessed it, it's not getting mailed today. It's not even done yet. But I do have all the components for the page spread all spread out on a table, waiting, calling my name.
And for some dumb reason, I'm not able to focus on it long enough to make progress. This has been going on with this particular circle journal for almost 3 weeks now. It took me forever to come up with a good theme, idea. It's for Miss Heather, who is the leader of our group, and I wanted it to be special, ya know? Something fresh and funky. I finally came up with a really cool Western take on it, but gosh, does it have to take forever? Boo to me, what is it with me lately. Another irony, cuz Heather's Word is FEAR, and I am apparently afraid to do the dang page spread. Oh, Brother! (lol) What will I think of next? I know this isn't my scrap blog but there's a little sneak peek (of the components just sitting there).
Okay, back to the BadKarmaFest: Sheila, our little micro-mini-Dacshund, starts getting these seizures that she has always had all her life, but she's getting them more frequently and they are a lot more powerful. And she always seems to have them while I'm outside with her, which makes it worse cuz it kills me to have to watch.
So, we've had to wrestle with the idea for a while now of having her put down, and it is shaping up to be something I am going to have to do. Hubs can't bring himself to, and Missy says all she wants is for me to wait til she's not there. Both of them are chicken when it comes to doing that deed, so I guess I'm elected. Actually, I want to have it done. She's in pain on a daily basis. She'll be 13 in October, so she's lived a good life. I just do not believe in having her suffer at this stage in her life, because she's old and tired, and everything is hard for her. But even though I'm not chicken about it, it's just creepy and dark and so final. We are pretty sure she's turning senile though, so it's the best thing.
Anyway, I think there's gotta be more, but I'm getting really tired of typing, so I'll just say this is to be continued if I think of any more things that happened. And plus, there'll be something that happens today, bet me. Oh, yeah, I remember: we have Tropical Storm #9 now, knocking on our shore door. Mega flooding rain event, lovely. And Hubs is taking Friday off to go pick up Missy cuz she has a doctor's appointment here that afternoon. She's planning to spend the weekend, then we'll take her back Sunday. But that stretch of Interstate 10 between us is where the dang storm is going to be coming ashore. So, who knows if she'll get to come or not. We may have to reschedule that doctor's appointment.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Hi Aimes!!! I'm sorry I haven't stopped by in ages and ages! And speaking of Karma... I stopped by when you are peeking my journal!! I LOVE the elements you've got laid out there. And don't be afraid. Everything else you've done has been fabulous, why wouldn't this!? I hope everything works out with Missy's dorm room. What a pain in the butt. And you sort of already told America! Good for you Mama Bear!

Maria said...

Hey Aimes,

Sorry to hear of all the bad Karma going on in your life. 5 lbs . . .wow, that's a lot of Rocky Road. BUT, how much did you weigh after you pooped. . .what goes in must come on out, right.

My daughter will be heading to college in two years. . I wonder how I'm going to deal with her being in college. Sounds like you're holding up well. Yeah, that mouse issue would freak me out. Maybe Missy should get a cat. That should solve the problem.

I'm really sorry about your dog. Wow, I don't think I could make the decision to put down one of our dogs. But, you're right. . .it's the best thing if she's suffering.

Sounds like a rough week. . .hope things get better and good Karma head your way soon.

Hugs, Maria

csimmers said...

Aimes,
I'm sorry to hear about your furbaby. I totally understand where you're coming from in not wanting her to suffer. I dread the time when I have to make that decision about Cocoa.

I hope things are looking up and your bad karma is turning around.
Hugs!
Cheryl