Why Cats Need 9 Lives....

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Doctors Take All Day

for me, anyway. And not in the waiting room. Today I have an afternoon appointment with my PCP, Dr. Dave, to get my blood tested for the thyroid (routine) and to have him look at the top of My Left Foot (LOL, never saw the movie, love the title, though). I don't know if it's a last gasp of cellutlitis or a strange strain of athlete's foot. Been there for almost 2 months and just now finally drying up. Red dots that grow into red splotches, no pus, totally flat, just weird. Now they are fading and crusting some. They used to itch sometimes, but not lately, at all. And they are just on the top of my foot. Between my toes and on the bottom of my foot there is nothing. Strange, huh? I decided early on that I'd just live with them and not make a special doctor trip, but now that I am forced to go to get the blood tested for a refill of my thyroid meds, I might as well show him. And if he says it's athlete's foot, I am gonna push hard to get the pill, cuz I've had the nasty AF on the sole and between the toes, several times in the last decade, comes and goes. And only on My LEft Foot. My right one is pristine and always has been. Again, weirdness. Like, no way do I go thru life hopping on only one foot and subjecting only one foot to fungus, so we shall see....

So, bottom line is that I've lots to write, but not now. Gotta finish getting ready for the doctor. It's taking me all day, because I had a body that needed shaving and showering, hair that needed washing, clothes that need to be light and of course those clothes needed to be washed and dried and ironed. And I needed to do all my walking and my drinking and eating. Except no eating til I'm back home. Cuz I'll get weighed there, ya know. Gotta give myself a good edge. I also figured I wouldn't take my thyroid today, hehe, til I get home. Probably should have laid off that pill for the last week, but too late now.

So I'll be back later on to discuss amongst myself last night's TV show premieres and other sundry stuff.

I'll leave you with this, my latest newfound info: Quinoa is pronounced keen' wah.

I mean, who know that? (Noeli, I bet you knew...).

1 comment:

grandmascraps said...

Aimeslee, Hope that your Doctor's appointment went well. I just wanted to thank you for leaving me comments. Isn't it great to know someone is there supporting you. I am enjoying reading your blog. Some days you just crack me up. Have a great day.
Gail