Why Cats Need 9 Lives....

Friday, September 21, 2007

I'm *BACK*! {teehee}

Woke up this morning -- barely this morning, 11:30 my time, to be exact -- and I'm feeling so.much.better. We'll see how it goes as to whether my skeleton will stay in a cooperative mood, but I am so wanting to just get on with Life!

So thankful for your well wishes. That made me feel better knowing someone cared whether I lived or died, LOL. Hubs started his project at work this week that has a schedule of 12-hour-days 7 days a week, so he's not exactly sympathetic and I can't blame him. We are both just focussing on all the OT dollars this will reap hopefully if the next highest tax bracket doesn't interfere. LOL Anyway, thanks again!

Last night I took 2 Ibuprofen, then took another one an hour later. I know, I know -- that's a no-no. And I think maybe I've done that twice in my whole life if that much (used to have a girlfriend who would do that all the time). I did my yoga stretching (and I'm so proud of myself, cuz it hurt bigtime). And then I slathered on the Biofreeze to the paining areas of my various body parts. And then I went to bed.

Well, it did the trick, for today, anyway. Thank goodness for small miracles, is all I gotta say. As it has now been over 12 hours since my last night's dosage, I popped one more Ibuprofen along with my morning thyroid and arthritis meds dose, so key your fingers crossed for me.

Anyway, on to some great news, which I have! You know that around here I talk freely about my pooping habits, LOL. (Just wanted to remind ya, don't ya love it?) Anyway, I'd been constipated almost all week; actually, cannot remember the last time. Last recorded one was Saturday, the 15th and it was actually 2 of them on that day, along with my weight. Now, surely I pooped sometime this week and just did not record it? I digress. Anyway, I felt nature's call first thing today, girls, and then I weighed afterwards.

And woohoo! I've lost 3.5 pounds since Saturday, and I'm now 1 entire pound below my lowest weight since before that Bluebell Rocky Road ice cream debacle put 5 pounds back on me! Happy Dance Happy Dance! And I feel lighter. Stuff has redistributed. I love it. I backed off of the anal retentive scale chase, concentrated only on eating healthily and getting my walking done, and voila! Gotta love it. I am doubly lovin it because I needed some positive motivation to work past this body pain and not get all legarthic and self-pity-party. And, it's Friday. Oh, man, gotta really love it. LOL

Anyway, I want to share with you something I've done all week long, cuz I think it helped clean me out or raise my metabolism or whatever. I don't know what it did, but I'm gonna keep on doing it, forsure forsure. And that is to just drink one cup of green tea every morning first thing, before my coffee, before my water, before everything.

Hey, just try this yourself and see if it helps ya any. Whatcha got to lose, except for the price of a box of green tea bags (we buy Lipton from the grocery aisle, no fancier than that). I sweeten mine with a little SweetnLo and sometimes I squirt a bit of lemon juice in it.

I'm not a doctor (though I've played one on TV, ok, just kidding), but I do not think the tea made me constipated. I think what caused that was I forgot to eat my daily yogurt a couple of times (my bad). That yogurt keeps me on track, end of story. And I think I already mentioned that the tea makes me feel like I have more energy. I've read more than a couple of articles about green tea boosting metabolism, so maybe that's what it does. Hey, who couldn't use that? And, without the chemical metaboosters, too, like are in those diet pills that I'm way too scared to take.

Well, duty called already, and now playtime is beckoning me, LOL. I want to go create something, but first I need to walk and then stetch out, gotta stay stretched today. So, that's all til Monday for sure (I seem to have developed a blogging habit for taking the weekend off).

So, stay strong and happy, my girlfriends! No sabotaging allowed! Have a good weekend!

1 comment:

Patter Cross said...

Huge congrats on the weight loss! Yeah!!! I also pray you feel better soon. Take care, and keep up the great work!