Why Cats Need 9 Lives....

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Oh My, Thursday already?

Caught in the Trash Act: Ever pay attention to what's in your trash? LOL I couldn't resist taking this candid shot. It depicts the sinning ways of each one of us. Hubs drinks, we both smoke, I heart junk food, and Missy eats disgusting cereal. And we all have a weakness for Digiorno Pizza. OK, the dogfood is for our dogs, just thought I'd make that clear...


My Doctor Visit Recap
So, I'm a bit in shock at how fast this week flew by. I wasn't in the best mood yesterday, so forgive me for not posting. I had an uneventful doctor visit. It went pretty fast. Got a yucky steroid shot on that foot in question. Can I please tellya that the foot is about the absolute worst place to get a shot, painwise? (Okay, my baaaad self cannot resist adding here that I'm pretty sure in guessing that the clitoris would be the worst worst hands-down worst spot -- OUCH AT THE THOUGHT OF THAT -- ROFL, but the foot is not far away on the pain scale.) I had my first foot shot back about 6 years ago for a heel spur. That was injected into my same left foot, on the inner side right above the heel...with all those blood vessels and fatty part. My pedometrist then was such a nasty personality and denied me any kind of pain-killer, so this time I took my Orajel tube. Don't know if it's 99% mental placebo or not, but rubbing a little Orajel on the shot spot just prior to the injection helps me to take it better. I'm just sayin'. Had I snapped to this when Missy was little, I'd have definitely utilized it, because docs and nurses never ask you, would you like a numb-er with that shot? LOL Perhaps if they did, the anticipation problems of getting a shot might be a bit less traumatic, ya know?

Anyway, the doc took blood and a skin culture. I'm to go back on Monday to continue the Big Investigation, cuz he doesn't know what those spots are (I must admit, my PCP is not very prone to quick conclusions, sheesh). The steroid shot was decided upon due to the fact that I'd had some success in drying them up with some steroid cream I'd had left over from the cellulitis I had on my leg earlier this year. We shall see, stay tuned...

Plans for this Weekend
Friday I am scheduled to make a "quick" 150-mile round trip to Beaumont to pick up Missy from college and bring her back. She has plans for Saturday here in town with a childhood girlfriend of hers, Khori. Special plans. Missy's going to be a bridesmaid in Khori's Feb. 2008 wedding, so the bridal party's going shopping for the dresses and schtuff. I was delighted when I heard about the engagement. Khori's always been a great friend to Missy, and I know her fiancee, Jerry: he's the son of Missy's elementary school principal! Samll world, huh, LOL. Anyway, my job tomorrow is to get her here, and then hope to carve out a little chit-chat & hugs time before taking her back to Beaumont sometime on Sunday.

Health Plan Update
How am I doing? Let's calculate! LOL (I am trying to learn photography and my camera, so I'm taking candid shots, and you poor readers are going to suffer by me using some of them as blog graphics). Well, the scale still likes me. At the doc's, I weighed just a quarter of a pound shy of 40 pounds lost total since 4-21-06! It seems like only the other day I was celebrating a 35-pound total loss, so I'm all shines over this. I've been concentrating on getting as many of those Super Foods into me on a daily basis, plus my other daily must-haves. I'm still greeting each day with a cup of hot green tea with lemon and sweetner, coffee without the heavy cream (non-dairy nonfat creamer has now taken its place with no ill effects), my apple-a-day sliced into wedges, my Dannon Light&Fit Carb&Sugar Control yogurt that's only 60 calories, my toasted Sara Lee breakfast half-a-bagel and cream cheese, a salad, and my TV dinners (Lean Cuisine or Healthy Choice, whichever is on sale). I did have a junk food craving yesterday and successfully overcame it with a grilled sirloin patty and sauteed broccolli and cauliflower.
Oh, and can I just say, Blue Bunny ice cream treats with Splenda ROCK! I opted for trying those instead of more Dreyers ice cream on my last grocery store trip, mainly because you get a premade serving and the Dreyers wasn't on sale any longer. I also bought some Blue Bell no-sugar-added ice cream bars with Sorbitol, but I think I prefer the taste of the Blue Bunny. Plus, 10 less calories and they are cheaper. It's all good. I also have some Jello sugar-free Chocolate Pudding made up in little plastic containers. In case I get a mega-craving for chocolate, I am set. And Hubs fixed up some tuna salad, which works well with my other bagel half or my tortilla chips. So, no bread loaves in the house still. I did buy some bread machine yeast in case I get motivated to make some real bread. I guess my style is to eat healthy but not exclusionary, and as long as it's working, I'm going to continue.
My only area of concern at this point is that because of the foot, I've let the lazies take over and my daily steps are only hovering around a mile a day. I really need to step it up, as they say. Today I've begun to work on this by getting up and making my in-house laps, so my totals will definitely increase, hopefully back up to 3K a day and soon.
I'm waiting for my latest purchase from Amazon to arrive. I ordered some of that Super Food Quinoa (yes, Amazon now sells a lot of nonperishable grocery items, so if you are having trouble finding gluten-free flour or something along a health food store line, check Amazon out. The prices are comparatively pretty darn good on what all I saw so far.) I needed a few more dollars to get free shipping, so I went to my wish list and saw this DVD I'd been wanting for awhile: Yoga: Just My Size With Megan Garcia. This is Yoga for obese people, girls, and it's got my name written all over it, LOL. Seriously, I've heard nothing but good things about it. Even folks who are not overweight but have injuries or inflexibility are digging it.
I'm looking forward to being able to get back into yoga and watch big bodies doing it. Trust me, it makes a difference, cuz it's not that easy to get into some of those poses, even for skinnies. I also find I've been avoiding the floor, and this DVD ought to help me get down there again. I don't mind going down, it's the getting up that I dread, LOL.

Well that ought to do it for now. On to finishing up some stuff on my list for today. And on to doing another step lap, and another, and another, LOL.

2 comments:

Kim Langston said...

Aimes... I bought that same yoga DVD... course haven't tried it yet. Maybe I should be watching and participating in the yoga instead of online eating chips and queso. Let me know how the yoga works out for you... then maybe you will give me motivation to start myself!

Rachael said...

Maybe I should check out that yoga video! I am looking like the cat at the top of your blog, with just a little bit less hair!